effect of a small very tight wetsuit ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please, don't wear this suit ever, ever again. Anything that can impede your circulation is very serious!!! I have a very dear friend that spent 6 hours in a chamber from wearing a hood that was too tight.

Dxtreme once bubbled...
LDS said farmer john but of course farmer john is more $$$$$$

This is your LIFE you're talking about!!! Do you REALLY want to pinch pennies on your survival??!!??!

...Besides, a small wetsuit will have you singing castrato.

Glad to hear you're getting one in the correct size! What water temperature will you be diving in? We dove in 64 degrees this weekend and my 1/4 inch (6.35mm) suit with a skin and a pair of expedition weight long johns under it was toasty. Go for the thicker suit if you're not diving in warm water all the time. I chill rather quickly in 78 degree water in a 3mm full length one piece.

Just my .02!
Ber :bunny:

Dxtreme once bubbled...
So everything has to come from LDS and he said that is the only suit he got that will fit me (size Small Hobie wetsuit).
Dxtreme there are thousands upon thousands of LDS at your location and you need to find a new one PRONTO!

Don't get anything, training or gear, from that shop... they obviously do not have your best interest at heart nor do they have a clue as to what is and what isn't acceptable.

That suit did not fit you dude!

Uncle Pug is right, this is a safety issue! I can't say I think much of a LDS that doesn't make sure their students have proper equipment. They need to invest in some new equipment big time! And it's smaller sizes they don't have? If anything you'd think they'd be out of the larger ones! Not good.

Re: the wetsuit issue - I had a 6.5 farmer john, went to a 7-6-5 with a titanium skin underneath. It requires less weight than the farmer john and is much warmer!

Should i go with Longer or Shorter Hose ???

My LDS also told me that they have a intermediate device between the hose and the Reg that allows the thing to swivel/bend 360 degree ??? IS this another point of failure ?? Is this device recommended ???

Be afraid, be very afraid. But seriously I am shocked that the LDS does not have proper equipment for their students. It sounds like they've got you diving with a bunch of junk. Remember: this is life support equipment!!! Look at it this way and decide if you feel comfortable with this outfit. What happens when another student fins you in the face on your check-out dive & you lose your reg because it's ready to pop out of your mouth without the kick? You know, you can do your check-out dives anywhere once you've completed your coursework....

Dxtreme once bubbled...
also

I find that the LDS regulator is always fighting me to get off my mouth due to the "KINK" on the hose. This tired my jaw as i always have to fight it in order not to drop the REG.

Should i go with Longer or Shorter Hose ???

My LDS also told me that they have a intermediate device between the hose and the Reg that allows the thing to swivel/bend 360 degree ??? IS this another point of failure ?? Is this device recommended ???

Not to mention my Fins are not wide enough for my foot ! it hurts.

I guess for LDS DISCOMFORT = BUY OWN = $ ??

thing is i am gonna wait till my check out dives to get the real feeling of scuba before commiting to $$$$$ in gears !

You sure its a dive shop, not a pawn shop?

Back
Top Bottom