Edmonds Underwater Park Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crowplus:
There is a small surface dive flag buoy attached to the Truimph.

Hehe, I knew it! We thought that was another dive group and avoided diving down there.

Thanks!

Woland

Rick Inman:
Yeah, now that I look at it again, those depths do seem shallow. Your computer is probably accurate.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think this is an old map - which would not account for the depth differences, but would account for it being less than complete.

WOW, that's an old map. The depths on it are correct however, once you realize they are based on MLLW just like a nautical chart. MLLW (Maximum low lowest Water) means exactly that, the lowest recorded depth.

Stop by the local Dive shop, 3 blocks South of the park and pick up one of the 2005 edition maps. They are sold as a fundraiser for the EUP and are also the most accurate and up to date map you will find.

JDR:
WOW, that's an old map. The depths on it are correct however, once you realize they are based on MLLW just like a nautical chart. MLLW (Maximum low lowest Water) means exactly that, the lowest recorded depth.
Not quite: Mean Lower Low Water (MLLW) level refers to the lower of the two daily tidal levels in those areas where diurnal tides dominate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom