Editing Workflow for GoPro Protunes and FCP7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rderige

Registered
Reaction score
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys,

Is anyone using FCP7 to edit their vids? I would just like to ask the workflow that you follow. Which Codec do you convert the footage to? Do you use a third party app to do that?

Basically, I just want to know the workflow in order for me to maximize the benefits of using Protune and having more flexibility in terms of color grading, etc.

I have only recently updated the firmware of my HD Hero2. What I usually do is I convert the footage into ProRes 422 LT using MPEG StreamClip (which generates files that take up lots of space) before transferring them to FCP for the edit. Then I use the 3-Way Color Correct to adjust the quality of the image (white balance, contrast, brightness, saturation).

Is this similar to what you do? If not, is there something wrong with my workflow?

Your response would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom