Editing Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just bought a Kodak Zi8 and am waiting for a housing from Ikelite for it. I want to use Windows Movie Maker to edit the video but when I try to import the file I get a "No items match your search" message. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm pretty certain the Z18 stores video in H.264 format. It's not supported by Windows Movie Maker.

Thanks Steve. It came with Media impressions software but its prety lame. If I were to buy software what would you recommend?

I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9. It has a steeper learning curve than some of the other programs. My buddy uses Studio 12, it's menus are much more user friendly - and insulating. I don't know of any sub $700 PC video editor that can natively import h.264 files.

H.264 is such an odd format for PC's that you'll probably want to find a converter to change your movies to .avi or something importable first. I think Super can convert h.264 .movs to .mpeg2 files. It's free. SUPER videos

If you google h.264 converter you should find some other options.

Unless you have a Mac....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom