editing software (mac)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am new to the world of video (as you can see by my other posts here) - what editing software do you recommend for someone who is just average tech savy? FWIW I have a mac and a go pro hero 4 silver. I just ordered the morph 1000 lights and likely will get the flip 3.1 filter (still researching) I want to basically put together the typical 5 minute videos with a mix of topside and underwater shots. I am a fan of the time lapse and slow motion shots. I want something that is fairly intuitive - and not too complex.

Hello, I'm using imovie on Mac for underwater videos, and the last version is good enough for simple editing. You can slow down with very good results if you've taken your video at least at 50 fps. There are also some filters and color corrections features that performs pretty well.
I've tested GoPro studio too (it's free), and it looks like it can make simple editing too, the titles and transition are just a bit poor against the ones of imovie, but color filtering and speed management are quite the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom