Editing software for .mov files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wineo

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Kodak Playsport with Ikelite housing. The Arcsoft software that came with this unit is terrible and need something else. The Kodak needs something that can handle .mov. Is there anyone out there that can suggest a software package that is easy to use, not too expensive, and can handle .mov?

Windows Movie maker can't do it.

Thanks!!

Wineo

Assuming you don't have/want to buy a Mac one option is to convert the files to a format you can use. Super@ is a free file converter - it lists .mov as an input type and .avi as an output. Which MovieMaker will recognize. I use it but don't have any .mov files to test it with.

3 $50-100 NLE's you could also consider:

Adobe Premiere Elements
Pinnacle Studio
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD9 or HD Platinum 10

All have trial versions you can download. I use Vegas MSP but IMO it has the steepest learning curve of the three. You'll still need to convert the .mov files afaik.

My Canon SD940IS still camera shoots in MOV format. I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum to convert the MOV files into MPEG files I can use with my other footage.

Thanks drbill, I didn't know VMSP did that.

Thanks drbill, I didn't know VMSP did that.

I have version 8 (currently 10?). I find for many of my more difficult formats including AVCHD it handles them fairly well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom