editing help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks they are looking better (I have now resized the original pics)
I like the fish and the stingray and don't want to edit them out they seem to live together i seen them on 3 dives now in the same area. They must be buddies!!!

alcina:
There's very little red to work with in these images so you're going to be pretty limited in what can be done without a ton of PSing.

In future, use your manual white balance and try to get even closer so your internal flash has some hope of lighting your subject.

I don't mind them blue, btw :)

I have now worked out how to set WB manually but closer to stingrays at the moment, I'm not mad (I know just bad press but it still makes you think - i was about 2-3 feet away plenty close enougth, and i'm sure all would have looked a lot better if i had the flash on- oops thats how you learn)

thanks for everyones help though

cayman diver:
thanks they are looking better (I have now resized the original pics)
I like the fish and the stingray and don't want to edit them out they seem to live together i seen them on 3 dives now in the same area. They must be buddies!!!

I wasnt suggesting you get rid of the fish.. I was suggesting you take the PSD file, mask, and edit the fish yourself if you so desire.. I currently do not have the motivation to go through the work on it :wink: especially after Bob showed me up on his edit of the Lady.. =)

Take care,

Scott

wakejohnk:
Do you have a place where you can post the pictures in the largest size (pixels)? Point out the site or download the originals to Flickr (flickr.com) and let the photoshop community give it a go. You can join a group - The Digital Darkroom, and the members will do some corrections. (http://www.flickr.com/groups/digital_darkroom/)

The full size images are here
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/68538
I will take a look at the Digital Darkroom (another website to get hooked on, just what i need!)
Thanks
Justian

Charlie99:
Awesome! That's much better than what I can tease out of that photo.

I'd appreciate it if you could outline what you did.

Charlie Allen

Hi Charlie. I am going to check the psd and retrace my steps. It has been a while since I have written a tutorial so I may take a shot with this image. Thanks to Cayman Diver for letting us work on his image. If you and Elliot will be patient, I will try to work up some screen shots.

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
This is 1/2 ton PSing on your first image.

---Bob

CaymanDiver1.jpg

Bob,

Sweet...Outstanding edit... Can't wait to see your tutorial...

Blue Moon

Back
Top Bottom