Edit or add to shearwater dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After searching SB, it seems that it is not possible to add a few dives to Shesarwater desktop on my Mac laptop. It’s not a big issue. Rather than using my Perdix while teaching a few OW classes, I used a similar computer to my students. Are there new solutions?

Last edited:
After searching SB, it seems that it is not possible to add a few dives to Shesarwater desktop on my Mac laptop. It’s not a big issue. Rather than using my Perdix while teaching a few OW classes, I used a similar computer to my students. Are there new solutions?

I got my Perdix two months ago. Previously I was using a Suunto Vyper and Subsurface. I like Shearwater Desktop and wanted to import my older dives into it. Apparently you can’t. I will probably carry on with Subsurface just to keep everything together, but it would be nice if Shearwater would let you import dives from other sources.

We're all in that same boat. It seems their software guys are good with the Perdix, but not quite so good in the PC/MAC arena. I just have a FEW dives I want to either add or import. Just can't do it. They want us to use the cloud, but you can't add or import there either. I'm too old for this cr@p!

Cheers - M²

Thanks for the help. At least I know that I am not missing anything. It’s only 8 dives. All things considered, the Perdix is an outstanding computer.

I have never used it, but I see an import option on the menu. Version screen also shown.

upload_2017-11-18_20-33-24.png

upload_2017-11-18_20-34-27.png

Never mind. That is apparently a Shearwater format.

I use Diving Log 6.0 in any case and love it.

@charlier I don't think that's going to happen. They seem to be moving their software to cloud based database so the straight desktop will probably become unsupported and not developed any further. Personally, I don't like "the cloud" and would prefer to have the data locally. All we can do is hope and nag Shearwater to maintain and further develop the Shearwater Desktop. :)

Cheers - M²

@margaritamike. I agree with you. I work on either LoBs with marginal connectivity or remote locations without internet or funky mobile connections. Clould-based solutions are not as appropriate or useful for me.

@margaritamike. I agree with you. I work on either LoBs with marginal connectivity or remote locations without internet or funky mobile connections. Clould-based solutions are not as appropriate or useful for me.

I third this view. Cloud brings the end user no real advantages and lots of disadvantages. Like poor connection or costly connection in may places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom