Edge Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WI-Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm buying my first reg. I'm looking at an Edge EXP, but to get it serviced I would have to drive like two hours. I was wondering if there were any alternate ways of getting it serviced, like sending it to somewhere online, or classes to do it myself?
Thanks.

Until you are a tech diver, ship it out. It may be cheaper than the gas to drive 2 round trips for two hours not to mention 8 hours of your time.

Are you, do you plan on being, a vacation diver or local diver?

You're reg likely won't need service for two years. One option is to just buy two regs now or buy a second reg (Black Friday 2014) then and either service the first reg or sell it on eBay. If you do the math $$$, you'll be in really good shape and never without a pair of regs.

Until you are a tech diver, ship it out.

Being a "tech diver" will never have anything to do with servicing a valve.

Being a "tech diver" will never have anything to do with servicing a valve.

Perhaps, but that a prerequisite of the course

But not for servicing the regulator.

But not for servicing the regulator.

Being certified as a diver is not a legal prerequisite for diving either, providing you can acquire the gear. So I guess you are right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom