Edge Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But not for servicing the regulator.

This is incorrect. Taking the HOG service course is required to take the regulator service course and being a tech diver is required to take the course. Once the course has been completed, the reg owner can then service it. The HOG and Edge regulators are virtually identical (similar to an Apeks inside) so the course can suffice for either reg.

But, in reality, taking a course is not actually required if a diver wishes to service his own equipment. A few basic tools, knowledge gained from service manuals and a bit of mechanical ability is really all that is needed.

I have been servicing my own gear for years without a single hiccup. SCUBA regulators are not the complicated, mystical and mysterious devices your LDS wants you to believe they are. Servicing a regulator is not rocket science.

Someday when I need to service my Hog D1's I am going to try and start a small service party.. Steaks, hot dogs, shrimp on the barby. To get a invitaion you must have hogs in need of service. I just need to find a few ppl that are qualified to service them cause I am not.. But then again I will supply foods :)

Beer only towards the end of the party :)

Highflier

Pay for my ticket down and provide a couch or spare bed to sleep on and you won't have to provide beer for me. I don't drink, water is fine.

And if ya'll have the tech cert and the required tools I'll conduct the official class for you! Make ya deal on it since you're in my favorite dive spot!
In fact bring me down for an extra couple days and we'll take care of a tech cert and the repair class! Make it group thing and split the cost for the plane ride for me.:D

@Jim L.

Well maybe we can work something out when the time to service comes.
No plane ticket. (you get your own)
You bring me a set of tools, (I'll pay for them)
You of course would be a guest, joining us for dinner etc.... (if you want)
Say for up to a week long. And of course you could go on some more advanced dives with the local dive boats. I hear the Thunderbolt is a great dive. I have fished it, but never dove it as it is in about 110'

Teach me to service my reg.. Does not have to be a class, as I will only service my 2 sets of Hogs, not others.
I have a guest room that you can use, Oh and a boat that can get us to a few dive spots, Although Open water only as that is the only cert I have and most likely will get. I do not think it is appropriate for me to do Deco dives (ever)

I am in the middle keys, Do you have a favorite dive spot there. The Sumbrero light house is only 4-6 miles from my house. It is a shallow dive but nice, reef.

Highflier

Can I hijack the deal, haha , if the stars align well and I can find a couple of guys for the official course we can possibly even drive up to Tobermory :wink:

Or it will be just easier to come down to Pittsburgh :)

Pay for my ticket down and provide a couch or spare bed to sleep on and you won't have to provide beer for me. I don't drink, water is fine.

And if ya'll have the tech cert and the required tools I'll conduct the official class for you! Make ya deal on it since you're in my favorite dive spot!
In fact bring me down for an extra couple days and we'll take care of a tech cert and the repair class! Make it group thing and split the cost for the plane ride for me.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom