Question Eddy current testers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clashswims

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m looking for a hydro test facility that does eddy current test for the VE stamp. In Texas. Thanks

I’m looking for a hydro test facility that does eddy current test for the VE stamp. In Texas. Thanks
Do you have a 6351 alloy AL tank?

There isn't a hydro test subforum. What's your question?
OP is looking for recommendations on where to get an eddy current test done in Texas.

IMO, it’s probably not worth it. Lots of dive shops will simply not fill those tanks. Many will not even fill AL tanks made before 1990 regardless of alloy.

OP, I’d start with your local dive shop to see if they can get it done. Also ask them if they would fill after a successful test.

OP is looking for recommendations on where to get an eddy current test done in Texas.

IMO, it’s probably not worth it. Lots of dive shops will simply not fill those tanks. Many will not even fill AL tanks made before 1990 regardless of alloy.

OP, I’d start with your local dive shop to see if they can get it done. Also ask them if they would fill after a successful test.
Yes and @tursiops posted a link to a facility in Lubbock. Or the OP can check the current PHMSA list here: Cylinder Requalifiers | PHMSA

There are 621 requalifiers in TX alone and dozens in Houston so the right way to do this is to search by zip code and call them. But as mentioned, shops are unlikely to fill a 6351 cylinder anyway and they are at least 33yrs old at this point. It's highly unlikely that the value of the cylinder is worth requalifying +VE at this point.

Back
Top Bottom