Ecologic Divers - Trip Report August 8-20, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yakivet, I know you mentioned your dive times were limited by consumption. Just wondering if you remember how long the dive times were (from descent to surface).

Our times would usually run in the 50-65 minute range. One thing to remember is the diving off Ambergris usually starts with a drop off the mooring into 30-40 feet. Shallower than that on the barrier reef, there is very little to see. The bulk of the dive is then spent at 50-110 feet, then returning to the shallower reef for the ascent and safety stop. Its your mid dive depth that really dictates your NDL's, your air consumption and hence your dive times. To me when you talk about your "dive time", it isn't the time that you are under water, as the start and finish are pretty "plain jane", it is the 30-45 minutes in which you really get to see the best part of what the reef has to offer. I suggest you email Rudy or his office staff if you're considering a visit. As I said, We'll be back next spring, likely March :D: If you have any other questions, feel free :42:

Thanks for the info. Based on the previous entries in this thread, it was sounding like all the shops stuck to shorter dive times. It's nice to know that this may not be the case. I will check out Island Divers next time.

As a side note, I think the other folks on the boat with me were totally fine with the shorter times, but they were newer divers as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom