EBAY item for shark freeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3216&item=6523291240&rd=1

It's entertaining to read, with quotes like, "MY HUSBAND AND I WENT OUT ON THE RIVERS TOGETHER.....WE CONTINUALLY TRAVELED, BOUGHT , SOLD AND IMPROVED OUR INVENTORY...WE BOTH WORKED VERY HARD TOGETHER FOR YEARS AND WE ACCUMILATED OVER A MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF FOSSILS TOGETHER INCLUDING ONE OF THE LARGEST GROUPINGS OF GIGANTIC FOSSIL SHARKS TEETH IN THE WORLD..... MY HUSBAND GAVE UP HIS LIFE IN A GEORGIA RIVER ON OCTOBER 17, 2004 WHILE DIVING FOR SHARKS"

Bid now! Only seven days left! :D

Scuba_Jenny:
That story was written a few days after he disappeared; his body was found the following day. I don't know if that is his wife pictured in the eBay thing, but apparently he really was the king (or whatever) of shark tooth divers. The type of diving he did could be very hazardous, because the terrible visibility coupled with strong current meant that trees and branches or whatever else got into the river might be bearing down on you unseen. I don't remember reading that they ever figured out exactly what happened to him - I think he was diving alone, but even if he wasn't alone, in those conditions a buddy is just another solo diver in the same river.

I've got to say the eBay thing seems a little bit over the top, including the exhortation to "take it like a man" and pay the price, etc. I think the auction might have benefited from some judicious editing. But it must be a very hard thing to endure losing a spouse like that, and I suppose I shouldn't be judging such minor points in the big scheme of things.

Holy cow! Have you seen how many flippin' fossils this lady's auctioning off?! I'm getting in on this action...

FWIW, I have a fossil book by Mark Renz, the guy who led the fossil expeidition for us Conchs a month or so ago near the Peace River. In his book, Megalodon, Hunting The Hunter, page 72 is a picture of Vito with the following text: "South Carolina- Meg godfather Vito Bertucci, following a succesful river dive (he won't say which one) with teeth measuring 6 inchese or mor in slant height. No on e is more passionate about the search than this man." The picture shows him holding 6 Megs.

seeing the $$$ these are fetching I should unload some of mine, and hit the river for some more!

scubapolly:
seeing the $$$ these are fetching I should unload some of mine, and hit the river for some more!
I wouldn't recognize one of these things if you dropped it into my goddie bag.

Rick Inman:
MY HUSBAND GAVE UP HIS LIFE IN A GEORGIA RIVER ON OCTOBER 17, 2004 WHILE DIVING FOR SHARKS"
Does Georgia have a problem with freshwater river sharks?

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom