eBay adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMHO,
You should also try & get your money back from PayPal. Who will take it out of the sellers account. (if & when he has some money in there) Item is SNAD, not to mention stolen. If & when you get your money back from PayPal, I would then send back the refund the dive shop owner sent you.

Not to be jaded...but I can't help but have an uneasy feeling about the dive shop. They claim the suit is stolen & then refund your money? Why? Next, they are trying to get you to buy a new drysuit from them. I do not have a criminal mind, so I can not see how this scam would actually work, but I can't help but feel like it is a scam.

Kat:
JMHO,
You should also try & get your money back from PayPal. Who will take it out of the sellers account. (if & when he has some money in there) Item is SNAD, not to mention stolen. If & when you get your money back from PayPal, I would then send back the refund the dive shop owner sent you.

Not to be jaded...but I can't help but have an uneasy feeling about the dive shop. They claim the suit is stolen & then refund your money? Why? Next, they are trying to get you to buy a new drysuit from them. I do not have a criminal mind, so I can not see how this scam would actually work, but I can't help but feel like it is a scam.
Hi,

There are some background details that I am choosing to leave out of the story that give the dive shop owner a far greater chance of getting the money back from the thief than I ever would. The owner has made me an offer on a suit that indicates his willingness to get me into a suit. I am not at liberty to discuss the details, but his offer is coming from a genuine desire to make things right for a person who has done a good thing for his business and not a desire to bait and switch an eBay purchase to a retail purchase. He has shown me the numbers and you will need to trust me on this.

I have nothing but praise for the owner on the way he has handled this entire situation. Unfortunately to protect myself from any legal complications I want to keep all of the names private. If I divulged the name of the shop and a reader was familiar with the employees, and any recent departures, it would be possible to learn the name of the thief.

I have already informed both eBay and PayPal about all of the details of the transaction as well as the details I have chosen to keep private here on this very public forum. I have informed both eBay and PayPal that I was reimbursed by the dive shop and of my position that at least as far as any money is concerned I have transferred my interest to the dive shop in question. I feel that at this point it would be entirely inappropriate for me to pursue getting any money from the seller.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
Hi,

There are some background details that I am choosing to leave out of the story that give the dive shop owner a far greater chance of getting the money back from the thief than I ever would. The owner has made me an offer on a suit that indicates his willingness to get me into a suit. I am not at liberty to discuss the details, but his offer is coming from a genuine desire to make things right for a person who has done a good thing for his business and not a desire to bait and switch an eBay purchase to a retail purchase. He has shown me the numbers and you will need to trust me on this.

I have nothing but praise for the owner on the way he has handled this entire situation. Unfortunately to protect myself from any legal complications I want to keep all of the names private. If I divulged the name of the shop and a reader was familiar with the employees, and any recent departures, it would be possible to learn the name of the thief.

I have already informed both eBay and PayPal about all of the details of the transaction as well as the details I have chosen to keep private here on this very public forum. I have informed both eBay and PayPal that I was reimbursed by the dive shop and of my position that at least as far as any money is concerned I have transferred my interest to the dive shop in question. I feel that at this point it would be entirely inappropriate for me to pursue getting any money from the seller.

Mark Vlahos
good attitude Mark..I wish other people can have it as well as you..

Well I have good news. I posted this thread about my saga both here and on The Deco Stop. I recieved many nice private messages both here and at TDS, thank you to all for your kind words.

Over on The Deco Stop I recieved an offer to buy a used suit at a reasonable price and I now have that suit. The suit is in excellent shape and I am quite happy with it.

Thank you,

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom