" Easy DOES IT "

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking back through the years and the satisfaction this sport has given me , I will tell myself easy does it . I was way to aggressive from the beginning , you could say I was chasing the high diving gave me . I would use the tables that were most liberal PADI 55 minutes 60 feet , navy 60 minutes 60 feet , navy it was . Repetitive dives , surface intervals by the end of the day the tables said X Y or Z . A Skin rash or a little burning sensation it must be my moldy wet suit , right you were a little bent more than a couple of times . Aaaaa those were the days . Wow when nitrox came in the 90's , hell at 40% I can stay down for 80 minutes at eighty feet . I ran out of air on a regular bases you learn to deal with it . I always thought you. end the dive at 300 psi . Must say I became a proficient self taught diver. I guess I did the best I could with what I had and lessons learned " EASY DOES IT "

And the moral of this story is?

If you're still around to tell the story why shouldn't others do the same?

Looking back through the years and the satisfaction this sport has given me , I will tell myself easy does it . I was way to aggressive from the beginning , you could say I was chasing the high diving gave me . I would use the tables that were most liberal PADI 55 minutes 60 feet , navy 60 minutes 60 feet , navy it was . Repetitive dives , surface intervals by the end of the day the tables said X Y or Z . A Skin rash or a little burning sensation it must be my moldy wet suit , right you were a little bent more than a couple of times . Aaaaa those were the days . Wow when nitrox came in the 90's , hell at 40% I can stay down for 80 minutes at eighty feet . I ran out of air on a regular bases you learn to deal with it . I always thought you. end the dive at 300 psi . Must say I became a proficient self taught diver. I guess I did the best I could with what I had and lessons learned " EASY DOES IT "

40%, 80 min at 80ft? I do not have Vplanner or a computer handy but that sounds like deco time...

So you pretty much followed the typical path of the type A personality people.

Teenage years and 20's were b@lls to the wall without a lot of technique behind it. In the 30's you still have plenty of force but now the knowledge makes the activity even more exciting. By the time the 40's start opening the path to the 50's, we don't require the same rush to experience pleasure.

I'm there, I can do an hour dive in a small patch of reef and be content. I still go for more exciting dives once in a while but not as often. But I wouldn't dream to tell kids to stop and smell the tunicates.... they'll have plenty of time of that.

Maybe I read a lecture tone in your post and it wasn't intended, but be and let be.

Enjoy the knowledge acquired during your years of diving, savor your present ability to obtain pleasure from the simplest dives and leave it at that. Others deserve the same chances of learning their way just like you did.

Oh yeah I forgot.... there will be a parade of "safe" divers coming here to point out how reckless and how bad bad bad it is to do those things. I'm so happy I'm not a teenager now and have to deal with all this over protecting society.

Should have used the old PADI tables, 60 min @ 60' and NDL to 140' (copy of Navy tables) and also gave deco times if you stayed a little longer than planned. I used those until I got a computer in the 2005.

Bob
-------------------------------
Not pushing the envelope just poking at it on occasion.

Padi tables don't give DECO times? WOW! Show's how long it's been since I've looked at them. Still using Navy Tables here.

40%, 80 min at 80ft? I do not have Vplanner or a computer handy but that sounds like deco time...

No deco, but it is 150-200 CuFt of gas depending on SAC.

Terry

Looking back through the years and the satisfaction this sport has given me , I will tell myself easy does it . I was way to aggressive from the beginning , you could say I was chasing the high diving gave me . I would use the tables that were most liberal PADI 55 minutes 60 feet , navy 60 minutes 60 feet , navy it was . Repetitive dives , surface intervals by the end of the day the tables said X Y or Z . A Skin rash or a little burning sensation it must be my moldy wet suit , right you were a little bent more than a couple of times

Not sure what you're looking for here.

Some people get lucky, some don't. You could just as easily be posting from a wheelchair.

Terry

It's almost doable. If he started with an AL80 pumped to 3400psi, and ended at 300psi, 80' for 80 minutes his SAC would have to be .3 or less. I've known girls who can do that, and a couple of cave divers. Me, I couldn't do it, my lowest SAC ever recorded was .4

I come up with 200cu' at .5 SAC rate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom