Easter diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just a word of caution

during hoidays, and especially during the holy week, dive resorts and dive sites are packed.
aside from difficulty of getting hotel and plane booking you may be faced with an overload of divers in some popular dive sites evidently leading to stressing the reef. thus less fish and more broken coral.
i myself try to avoid diving in holidays, especailly the holy week (easter).
be sure to avoid anilao and pg. bohol could be the same too.
my vote goes to dumaguete.
you can dive apo island, dauin, siquijor, and some cebu dive sites al from one location. and there are also other nature/cultural activities to do aside from diveing.

just a word of caution

during hoidays, and especially during the holy week, dive resorts and dive sites are packed.
aside from difficulty of getting hotel and plane booking you may be faced with an overload of divers in some popular dive sites evidently leading to stressing the reef. thus less fish and more broken coral.
i myself try to avoid diving in holidays, especailly the holy week (easter).
be sure to avoid anilao and pg. bohol could be the same too.
my vote goes to dumaguete.
you can dive apo island, dauin, siquijor, and some cebu dive sites al from one location. and there are also other nature/cultural activities to do aside from diveing.

Now you got me worried! I planed on being in Anilao a couple of days before Good Friday then head off to PG for 4-5 days. Is it really that bad? :shocked2:

Hi

Yes, aware its holy week, but we don't really have much choice!! We were in Boracay last year for Holy week and generally it was fine.

Also, as its Holy week, that is why we are looking to book up in the next few weeks.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far though, has been very useful.

actually if you're diving during holy week, i dont think anilao will be crowded. specially during weekdays. I dove in PG during holy week in the last two years and dives werent crowded since most people from manila go to white beach and not sabang or small la laguna. both anilao ang sabang do not have much to offer non-divers so they should be spared the usual mob at the beaches during holy week.

actually if you're diving during holy week, i dont think anilao will be crowded. specially during weekdays. I dove in PG during holy week in the last two years and dives werent crowded since most people from manila go to white beach and not sabang or small la laguna. both anilao ang sabang do not have much to offer non-divers so they should be spared the usual mob at the beaches during holy week.

That`s a relief

Seems things are busy already in Bohol!!

I've checked with ISIS, Hayhay and Oasis and all are booked up for easter, grrr.

However Sierra Madre do have availability for both diving and accommodation. I do note another thread has recommended them, however anyone else stayed with them / dove with them?

Thanks

Thanks for all your help guys.

We have now booked Oasis Resort and diving with SeaQuest on a 11 dive package. They also will arrange our transfer from Cebu airport to the ferry, our ferry tix and our transfer to the resort.

Looking forward to a great holiday in Bohol!!

its true that non diving locals do not frequent anilao during the holy week or any other holiday for that matter. but local divers take advantage of this long holiday and resorts are usually fully booked weeks before. expect many divers from holy thursday onwards.
best to reserve in advance if you dont have any other choice.

And while on the subject of Easter, we`ll be in PG, from recommendations here we are now deliberating whether to go with a Spa Villa at Out of the blue or with Poolside/Seaview room at El Galeon. What say you?

Back
Top Bottom