Easter diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking into alternatives for Easter diving in the Philippines.

Have already dived in PG, Cebu and Boaray.

I like the look of Bohol and Malapascua for diving.

Main issue is my GF is not so experiences (about 20 - 30 dives) so would want something easy going and not deep dives.

Would the above two be good options?

Also, where to stay and who to dive with? Any suggestions for both locations?

Many thanks!!!

whatever you choose you better hurry because most resorts or hotels near diving are already full

Yes, well aware of that! Hence wanting to get some recommendations to look into booking!

Agree, more choices for divers in bohol plus you have to do the chocolate hills, tarser and river cruise tour

Depending on how many days your staying...

If your only staying in the Phils for a couple of days and want to focus in on diving and getting away from the rat race that HK can become, APO Island may be a good choice... google APO Island Resort or PM me for more info.

However, if your here for 4 or more days, Bohol is where I would choose(since you already did Cebu), the reason I say that is there are several/many other things to do in Bohol...

As far as recommendations for Bohol that subject has been covered ad-nauseum on this forum and I dont think anything significant has occured to change those recommendations.. I personally prefered to stay and dive Bohol Divers Lodge and have taken students there in the past. I liked it for the quite location and friendly staff...

HTH
Roger

I'd say BOHOL. Check out Balicasag Island, world-class dive sites.

Been there two weeks ago for me and my wife's honeymoon, had a great time. We stayed at Bohol Beach Club at Panglao Island (very nice beach, powder white sand), then took a boat to Balicasag Island. Dive operator there is Balicasag Island Dive Resort (they also have accommodations if you prefer to stay in the island itself).

Some sample photos from our stay/dives: :cool2:

gesguerra© - Bohol 2010: Diving Balicasag Island

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I think we are going to narrow it down to Bohol. I have a package from a local TA where we would be staying at Lost Horizon and diving with Philippine Fun Divers. Any views on the accommodation and the dive shop?

Another option we are looking into is booking flights separately and contacting the resorts separately. I do like the look of the Bohol Divers resort.

In terms of flights, would it be better to go to Cebu and then get the ferry to Bohol or fly to Manila and then get a flight to Tagbilaran?

If we were to the Cebu option, how far is the ferry terminal from Cebu airport and where does the ferry arrive in Bohol?

Thanks again!!

Another option we are looking into is booking flights separately and contacting the resorts separately. I do like the look of the Bohol Divers resort.

In terms of flights, would it be better to go to Cebu and then get the ferry to Bohol or fly to Manila and then get a flight to Tagbilaran?

If we were to the Cebu option, how far is the ferry terminal from Cebu airport and where does the ferry arrive in Bohol?

Thanks again!!

Hi Pin,

Bohol divers club is first class when it comes to diving, but pretty average for accommodation. Lost Horizon looked okay from the outside on the beach! Contacting the resorts separately would usually be the best option, but if you're going a peak season it may be easier to use a travel agent if most resorts are block-booked.

Flights wise it's probably down to price and schedules - check if the times (and prices!) suit, it's not uncommon for Tagbilaran flights to be diverted to Cebu if the weather isn't so good so getting there isn't too difficult, it's probably easier to fly direct to Cebu and use the ferry than to fly to Manila and get another flight to Tagbilaran. I say this but have no actual personal experience of making the ferry trip, however I know a few people who have and all thought it was pretty straightforward.

Remember Alona beach on Panglau is probably another hour by car from Tagbilaran on most days so if you can find a resort who can provide a private transfer from Cebu direct to the resort you may save yourself a lot of hassle, although not likely a lot of cash!

Karl

I think we are going to narrow it down to Bohol. I have a package from a local TA where we would be staying at Lost Horizon and diving with Philippine Fun Divers. Any views on the accommodation and the dive shop?

Thanks again!!

I`m in the process of planning my trip, so no first hand experience as of yet, but I would advise you to read this report before making your booking:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/313546-trip-report-bohol-w-phil-fun-divers.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom