East End Diving (Link to pix)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vaq

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just came back a few weeks ago from my first Cayman trip which was at the Morritts with daily AM wall dives with Red Sail who operates right on the property. First class operation who made all dives safe, enjoyable, and memorable. The silversides were in and I was able to capture a few photos of jacks and tarpon vs. silversides (jacks and tarpon win.....). Link is below.

vince-aquino's Photos | SmugMug

Again, my first trip but did like the remoteness of the east end and there were enough very good restaurants but do suggest renting a car. Small 'strip mall' just across from Morritts and The Reef which has a small grocery store as well as a Duncan Doughnut...who knew. Afternoon trips included Rum Point, Botanical Gardens, the infamous blow hole, and a few other local sites.

I didn't do Stingray City but you can drive up to Rum Point (15-20 minutes from Morritts and The Reef) as Red Sail also runs a charter from there which is easier than driving back to the West End.

Nice pics.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Nice!

Thanks guys. The sites provided great material. Apparently, the silversides only show up for a short period of time. If I go back, it will be that first week in August.

you're photos are amazing. I was just there, staying on the east end. What kinda of camera do you have?

very nice

Thanks. Camera is a Canon XTI with a 10-22mm EFS lens, set at 12mm, Ike housing, with two Ike D160s. The seascape there is perfect for getting nice wide angle shots.

Back
Top Bottom