Easiest flights to Hurghada from Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For Hurghada I know that Egypt Air and Turkish Air have flights (although Egypt Air seems to only fly to Cairo and Turkish Air only connects to Istanbul). Is there is an easy way to see ALL airlines that have any flights to a given airport? It would be nice to know all airlines that flight in/out of Hurghada without connecting in Cairo, for example.

Just dropping the first that come to my mind, there are certainly more... both are a bit cumbersome, but...
Flightradar24: get arrivals in HRG listed and look where there are coming from.
Flightmapper: chose your airport in Europe and see what is scheduled in the next months
or indeed: Skyscanner, once you know your departure airport in Europe. Or even to check options from the US.

I flew to Hurghada couple of months ago from Berlin. I used Turkish, with stopover in Istanbul. Only direct flight from Berlin at that time was EasyJet. Turkish has 30kg luggage allowance, so I preferred that over any other. I normally use momondo to search flights. You might look into flights from Frankfurt, it has more destinations and flights usually and you can get there by train in 3-4 hrs from Berlin if I remember correctly.

You could fly to Marsa Alam and connect with a shuttle. There are direct flights to Marsa Alam from Bologna BLQ, Bergamo BGY and Milan MPX with NeosAir

Reactions: ojo
Check with Turkish airlines, Lufthansa or Swiss.
Hi @ojo

I was living in Switzerland at the time and flew nonstop from Zurich to Hurghada on Edelweiss, a subsidiary of Swiss Air. Great flight, very easy. There are other nonstop flights between Zurich and Hurghada, Air Cairo, Chair.

I flew to Hurghada couple of months ago from Berlin. I used Turkish, with stopover in Istanbul. Only direct flight from Berlin at that time was EasyJet. Turkish has 30kg luggage allowance, so I preferred that over any other. I normally use momondo to search flights. You might look into flights from Frankfurt, it has more destinations and flights usually and you can get there by train in 3-4 hrs from Berlin if I remember correctly.
Cool! Exactly the kind of info I wanted, thank you!

Thanks for that. Most of the flights I saw were like 18 hrs+ via Turkish Air because of the timing and stopover. But I did read that EasyJet, EgyptAir, and Pegasus were all pretty much disasters, so Turkish was the next most reasonable.

Thanks for that. Most of the flights I saw were like 18 hrs+ via Turkish Air because of the timing and stopover. But I did read that EasyJet, EgyptAir, and Pegasus were all pretty much disasters, so Turkish was the next most reasonable.
My connection was not that bad, I think 1-3 hour layover that was extra. It is high season though, it could be that best connections are no longer available. It is crazy around Europe this summer. There is also aircairo flying directly, you might want to try that as well.

Reactions: ojo
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom