Earthquake in Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Porpoise2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any news about the how bad/or not that bad the earthquake in Sulawesi (on the 24.01) was?

thanks,

porpoise2

Hey, did anyone on Mabul feel this one? Was there even a ripple in the water?
The world is really having some weird weather/acts of nature lately.
Going to Mabul in May! Yeah for me!!!!
Susie

Scuba Susie:
Hey, did anyone on Mabul feel this one? Was there even a ripple in the water?
The world is really having some weird weather/acts of nature lately.
Going to Mabul in May! Yeah for me!!!!
Susie
As Sunrise said there are many earthquakes every day and very few of the have a tsunami as a result of them. Here in Japan within in minutes of a quake the details are all on screen on the national TV channels. In four years I only remember one tsunami warning and that was for 2 or 3 feet.

There was a very interesting program on discovery last night on tsunami past, recent and possible in the future. There was even talk about the possibility of the biggest one ever being in the atlantic but that was quite a controversial theory on a landslide in the Canary Islands.

Enjoy your trip

You know, Jonathan, you are absolutely right. There are so many earthquakes everyday that it gets kind of blase after a while. I mean , I live in California, for God's sake, the Land of Earthquakes, but it still kinda worrisome with the recent tsunamis et all. Your web site on the earthquakes was very cool and thanks for the link. I too have heard that Atlantic tsunami theory and wonder if it could really happen. One day at a time I guess! Thanks for your posts
Susie

Back
Top Bottom