Ears ears ears...ugh ! Pro ear mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am PMing this thread to Larry. He can just check the shelf! :D

I have to admit that when I first saw the Pro-Ear, I made fun of it. It's just plain DORKY.

However, since that time I have met a few people who just LOVE it. It works for them and they either can't stand water on their ears or they have a medical issue with the same. I am glad it gives them a chance to pursue this wonderful sport.

It does not come in a purge... it couldn't. In case the ears flood, you hold the mask against your face and exhale into the mask. The air will flow through the tubes, (that have one way valves) and expel the water from the ear cups through the bottom. If there was a purge, that pressure would just run out the purge and you wouldn't be able to clear the ear pieces.

Hope that helps!

Hey Ice... I tried to check out your link and got an error message... Is it still valid?

Doh! Just looks like they are having server issues. It will probably work again in a day or two...

I have been diving with them for 6 months and they are great. I don't know what a purge mask is but these things work great! I had many of the same issues you had before using them and they have ended all those problems. I find the mask is big on me, but am able to get a seal on the mask and both ear cups...good luck.

I have been diving with them for 6 months and they are great. I don't know what a purge mask is but these things work great! I had many of the same issues you had before using them and they have ended all those problems. I find the mask is big on me, but am able to get a seal on the mask and both ear cups...good luck.

This mask did work well for me for a few months. After that my ear drums got use to flexing and I no longer required it. Now with a couple of years diving under my belt I no longer need to equalize by pinching my nose....a simple little swallow on the way does the trick. I did enjoy the mask as it got me over the hump - but its one of those thikngs people would always notice and ask about (which of course gets old after a little while)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom