Ears blocked for 5 weeks after SCUBA diving :( help

Does this sound like eustachian tube dysfunction?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jstrang - would my ent be able to do the office myringotomy on the spot when i see him ?

They should be able to do in their office.

I prefer inhaled nasal corticosteroids - less side effects than oral steroids like medrol or prednisone.

Unfortunately in my experience if it is going to resolve quickly it will - regardless of what we use. If it is going to resolve slowly it does - again regardless of what we use. Which means you are likely going to be symptomatic for several weeks - which in dr speak is like 3-4 months.

I would stick to ICS, equalize through the day and time.

good luck

Well I have trip to Grand Turk in three weeks! Right now it much better. I just don't wanna go thru this again when I get back.

They should be able to do in their office.

I prefer inhaled nasal corticosteroids - less side effects than oral steroids like medrol or prednisone.

Unfortunately in my experience if it is going to resolve quickly it will - regardless of what we use. If it is going to resolve slowly it does - again regardless of what we use. Which means you are likely going to be symptomatic for several weeks - which in dr speak is like 3-4 months.

I would stick to ICS, equalize through the day and time.

good luck
Yeah your right i guess i just have to wait and give it the time it needs .
And sorry whats ICS ?

inhaled corticosteroid spray -
Im in Canada so the names may not be the same but Flonase, Nasonex, Avamys, Omnaris, Rhinocort are a few of the common ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom