Earrings in the Ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have cbr's in upper ear piercings & leave them in, but take out the lower earrings. i second grier's suggestion about using studs. i don't think salt would harm the holes, and in fact my mama thinks salt water heals all things & if we hurt ourselves/scraped something/got a bruise, she'd tell us to go swimming. it is probably irritation from them getting pulled.

I NEVER wear earrings when diving. I leave all my jewelry at home or at the hotel. I dive a couple times a week and have never had problems with piercings sealing. There are too many risks including the one you mentioned. Don't bother with the earrings when diving! :)

Gidds:
Another question that I suppose guys might know the answer to but I'd rather ask here: should I wear earrings when diving/snorkelling/swimming in the ocean to keep my piercings from sealing up? Wouldn't this take multiple prolonged exposures to saltwater? None of these are new piercings and the other day when I got out of the water two of my earrings came flying off and landed in the dirt when I took off my mask. Now my ear lobes are being all gross and I'm not sure if it was the dirt or the water since more than those two piercings seem to be effected. Normally I can leave my earrings out for months before they start sealing on me. Ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom