Early June 2024 Liveaboard Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alam555

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,
I am considering a liveaboard (Aggressor) in early June for Tubbataha. My first in Philipines. Any recommendations? Weather should be transitioning to rainy season but hopefully won't be too bad? Its a long way to go to get rained out. Any advice appreciated. thank you

FWIW, I did Tubbataha this year on the last week of June. Weather was ok, occassional showers here and there. A whale shark came out to play with us on the last day. Also saw a manta on the last day.

Hello,
I am considering a liveaboard (Aggressor) in early June for Tubbataha. My first in Philipines. Any recommendations? Weather should be transitioning to rainy season but hopefully won't be too bad? Its a long way to go to get rained out. Any advice appreciated. thank you
There's always an element of luck. I travelled on the Philippines Aggressor to Tubbataha Reef earlier this year 3rd to 10th June, so about the same time, and the weather was clear sunshine all week. The previous week however, Typhoon Betty interrupted that trip quite significantly.

You can find the Captains logs online which should give you some idea. We got lucky and were fortunate to see manta a couple of times, and a whale shark.

As an aside, there are not many reviews online of the Philippines Aggressor, and those that are online are lukewarm. For me, no issues, dive guides were really good, food was fine, everything well organised - but I would make the observation that the boat looks and feels nowhere near as new as they advertise. It is quite worn and shabby in places, which was unexepected - but saying that, I'd be happy to travel with them again.

June is usually the best time to dive Tubbataha (weather and critters). But, the past few seasons have been...odd. Weather was totally shyte in 2022 and this past year was on/off. And, the frequency of big critters has been much more inconsistent than pre-pandemic. We are all scratching our heads on this one.

As for boats, I recommend either Infiniti or Discovery. I know the yanks love the Aggressor brand, but remember that it's a franchise model, consistency is not guaranteed and they are still trying to find their footing here...shall we say. For your money, Infiniti and/or Discovery will ensure the best experience.

Big plus one to the Infiniti! Quality of the boat and crew were unparalleled. Slightly lower in comparison to the gourmet food and extra notch of service (e.g., hot towels after your night dive) that you get on the Aggressor, but 100% totally worth it for better diving experience overall.
June is usually the best time to dive Tubbataha (weather and critters). But, the past few seasons have been...odd. Weather was totally shyte in 2022 and this past year was on/off. And, the frequency of big critters has been much more inconsistent than pre-pandemic. We are all scratching our heads on this one.

As for boats, I recommend either Infiniti or Discovery. I know the yanks love the Aggressor brand, but remember that it's a franchise model, consistency is not guaranteed and they are still trying to find their footing here...shall we say. For your money, Infiniti and/or Discovery will ensure the best experience.

hey, I'm following this thread for a Tubbataha trib next year. When you recommend the Infinity you mean the infinityliveaboard.com not the allstar infiniti which has the same routes.

hey, I'm following this thread for a Tubbataha trib next year. When you recommend the Infinity you mean the infinityliveaboard.com not the allstar infiniti which has the same routes.
Infiniti Liveaboard (very responsive on Messenger)

as has already been stated numerous times itt...Infiniti & Discovery are the top boats here. Avoid the cheap boats (Narayana, Azalea[!], Zamerdius[!])!

(I'm a PH resident with 7 Tubb trips logged the past 8 years)

Back
Top Bottom