Ear pro masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carry a bottle of 98% isopropyl alcohol and pour some in your ear every-time you get out of the water. The alcohol will kill any bugs in the water and it will dry the ear.

I have only ever gotten an ear infection, when i forgot to use the alcohol treatment after diving.

T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The way my infection was described to me was that the cells in the ear are waterlogged and the cell wall is getting detached from the cell by too much water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have never personally used that mask but I had a student once who had one. My impression:

1) major PITA
2) doesn't work worth a crap

Maybe there's a trick to it, but if I were you I would go to an ENT and try the basics first. This mask = frustration as far as I can tell.

R..

Carry a bottle of 98% isopropyl alcohol and pour some in your ear every-time you get out of the water. The alcohol will kill any bugs in the water and it will dry the ear.

I have only ever gotten an ear infection, when i forgot to use the alcohol treatment after diving.

T.

It's probably more economical to just buy the isopropyl alcohol, but it's worth noting that is by far the largest ingredient in the ear drops.

Well I must admit I will be trying both, I have a mask on order and as soon as the infection clears up I will be mixing up my concoction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although many commercially available ear drying solutions contain isopropyl alcohol, most ENT's are now recommending white vinegar alone, with no alcohol. Alcohol is thought to increase the viscosity of the cerumen as well as cause cracking of the lining of the external auditory canal .

T.

I just bought one but haven't tried it yet. Plagued with ear problems and I have tried everything. Let us all know how it works for you.

btw - I started a thread some time ago on this same topic (tinitus and perforation). I've tried numerous home remedies for years but the infections, blockages, and perforations just keep coming. I have visited several ENT's and even discussed with some on SB privately. I can tell you one thing about the pro-ear for sure; there are many, many SBers who have never used it and don't believe that it works. There are some SBers that have used it and found it mildly functional and many SBers that have tried it and found it invaluable. For me, it's worth a look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom