Ear pro masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richard65

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been getting a lot of difficulties with my ears due to them being waterlogged, I think it's called outer ear infections. In order to carry on diving two or three times a week I have been looking at the Ear Pro masks. Has anyone used them? Any issues?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before you go looking for a new mask to solve the problem, have you tried the basics?
After each dive, and even after showering you should use ear drops to help clear out you ears.

Yes but the problem came straight back

I have been plagued by ear infections after diving for years. Irrigation / ear drops/ electric ear dryers / vented ear plugs all have failed. My ENT recommended the pro ear mask. I just got it, but have not tried it yet. My friend had simillar problems, and she has had good luck with the pro ear mask, but says that the only way she gets a good seal is to wear it under a hood.

Hm well I'm interested in learning more then. I had tons of ear infections when I was a kid, and only a few from dives recently. The drops do the trick for me (okay, and antibiotics every now and again).

Searcaigh uses them. Try sending him a PM.

I tried it.

Sometimes it kept my ears dry, sometimes not.

I wouldn't recommend it for casual use, but if you need it several times a week, then it may be a good investment. Short hair will help. I don't have long hair, but enough to cause sealing problems (apparently)

I tend to dive three or four times a week and thankfully I have very little hair.

I tend to dive three or four times a week and thankfully I have very little hair.

Worth a try then.

If you were closer than then Cayman's I would send you mine. (had the ear problem fixed)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom