Eagle dive with Conch Republic!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After months of anticipation, the Eagle dive went off without a hitch Scubaboard was well represented, and the diving was awesome! Conch Republic is one of the best dive operators I've ever had the pleasure of using, great (big) boat, great staff and VERY easy to work with. The one thing I really liked compared to some of the op's down here is that they go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of, but they don't GET in your way!

It was a pleasure finally meeting Capt. Gary and Walter, meeting Mason, and seeing KeyLargoBrent again. Not to mention the rest of the people I had the chance to meet, but forget your names...(sorry...I'm more narc'd on the surface than at depth)

Hopefully we can do this every year! Unless something prevents it, I'm sure planning on coming down again next year!

Thanks for a fun day all!!!

Kinda makes you wonder how Conch Republic Divers keeps making the top of everybody's list of favorite dive ops, doesn't it?

No, not really.

DC

Certainly was a great day on the water. You have to love it when you can drop down right off the stern and hit the wreck - yesterday there was no need to use a mooring line for anything but a reference.

I will post both the group picture taken topside as well as few divers shots UW from the Eagle dive sometime tomorrow. And you were so correct that the local KL contingent was well represented. In addition to Gary and Brent, we also had Barb the the ex-owner of Divers City diving with the group.

A great time was had by all - perfect weather even if the Ocean is a bit cold for this time of year.

What a great day of diving. The seas and current were null with about 70' visibility. For us locals the water was a little chilly at 77, but I was warm with a 5 mil suit and a hood.

Really great diving with everyone and getting to see that free swimming Green Moray was a plus. Oh and whoever lost the tip of your speargun and the shaft, it's now at my shop in the "Found Junk" pile. I'm sure kidsdream got a few pictures of me carrying it around during the dive.

Thanks to SBer's Walter, Ben, Jeff, Roger, Barb, Brent, Mason, Larry, Ava and the others on the boat for a great dive and conversation. Look forward diving with you again.

Good Diving,

Last edited:
What a great day of diving. The seas and current were null with about 70' visibility. For us locals the water was a little chilly at 77, but I was warm with a 5 mil suit and a hood.

Really great diving with everyone and getting to see that free swimming Green Moray was a plus. Oh and whoever lost the tip of your speargun and the shaft, it's now at my shop in the "Found Junk" pile. I'm sure kidsdream got a few pictures of me carrying it around during the dive.

Thanks to SBer's Ben, Jeff, Roger, Barb, Brent, Mason, Larry, Ava and the others on the boat for a great dive and conversation. Look forward diving with you again.

Good Diving,

He looked like Posiden swimming around with it! :rofl3:

As others have said we had great conditions on our dive on the Eagle (OK perfect condiions who have had less scubbage in the waer).

We were able to drop down without aid of of the mooring line (Ben)
Sboard7.jpg

As many know, the growth on Eagle makes for some good images
Sboard6.jpg

A few divers did some easy swim-thru's
Sboard5.jpg

Barb (from my old fav Divers City) came out to play
Sboard4.jpg

and did both dives on single HP80

Captain Gary Trident
Sboard3.jpg

fun on the accent
Sboard2.jpg

A group photo back at the dock!
Sboard8.jpg

Did I say I had a great time. Oh yea, the noise Gary made every time he did a giant stide into the cold water was a riot. Where are those damm warm towels anyway?

Thanks to SBer's Ben, Jeff, Roger, Barb, Brent, Mason, Larry, Ava and the others on the boat for a great dive and conversation. Look forward diving with you again.

Good Diving,

Last edited:
Great pics!!!! Thanks for posting them!

It was a great afternoon of diving. Sorry I missed the group picture, I had to hurry back to meet the family for dinner (hungry 4 yr olds are fun for nobody!)
Thanks everyone for a great time!

It was a great afternoon of diving. Sorry I missed the group picture, I had to hurry back to meet the family for dinner (hungry 4 yr olds are fun for nobody!)
Thanks everyone for a great time!

I was wondering where you ended up! How was dinner at the Islamorada Fish Company? Our dinner was great! (although my wife's Margaritas were so strong, I got stuck driving back to Marathon!

Great meeting and diving with you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom