E7-120 vs E9-119

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burner

Contributor
Reaction score
What I be thinking about when choosing between these two tanks. It seems like the E7 is lighter and more negative when empty. I'll do most of my diving with a drysuit, and be doing some shore diving. I'm currently only planning on diving single tanks.

You are right E-7 120 is 2.6 lbs lighter but heavier underwater. E-8 119 is too fat for me and 8.0 diameter maybe too fat for most twin tank band (7.25). However E-8 119 is cheaper than E-7 120. $280 same as E-7 100 here.
My $.02

So if cost was irrelevant then the E7 should be a better tank based on my understanding correct?

Only you can decide which is the best tank for you... In looking at the specs, the service pressure is the same for both tanks, the valves are the same, and the capacities are VERY similar. The main differences that I see are weight, diameter, & height. I personally plan to purchase the E8-119 because I want a shorter tank. When I contacted PST about the new tanks, they e-mailed me a flyer and specifications for the E-series. If you don't already have it, PM me & I will send it to you.

JP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom