e7-100's as doubles, or move up to 120's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Mark, i just talked to my dive shop, and my 100 is going to be in this week, so i'm going to keep it, i can decide after i dive it for a while if i want to double it or get two 120's instead...i just need to find a shop that will rent 100's for one of my buddies now...

mossym, I am 6'2" at 190 lbs, and have no problems with doubled E7-100's. They are actually a nice fit for the length of my back.

All the best, James

mossym:
Thanks Mark, i just talked to my dive shop, and my 100 is going to be in this week, so i'm going to keep it, i can decide after i dive it for a while if i want to double it or get two 120's instead...i just need to find a shop that will rent 100's for one of my buddies now...
What I've found is that since I doubled up my E7-120s, I've only my AL80s left to dive singles. So I've been wanting to get a set of E7-100s as singles. But if you have a doubles setup for the 100s or the 120s, it should be interchangeable as the tank diameters are the same so the same bands can be used. Just swap out the valves and manifold and you're good to go with doubles on either set.

i have to agree with uncle pug, i have many different sizes of doubles. I own doubles 72's, 104's, E8-130's, and E7-80's. Which is almost as far apart as you can get as far as trim and weight. I do not have an issue with any of the sets, and can switch back and fourth with out much trouble. And all the bands are set just at the break. If you can hump the 120's then get them, you'll use the gas someday. If the biggest tanks you can handle are the 100's then get them. With practice you'll work the trim out with whatever you get, and then you'll be happy with the extra gas?

ps im 5 foot 10 and 200 pounds if that makes a difference

kurt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom