E-learning and Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captnpat1982

Contributor
Reaction score
Beaumont, Texas "The Right Side of Texas"
# of dives
25 - 49
Being a newbe OW diver, a friend of mine asked me a question I did not know the answer.

Her daughter is interested in doing the "book learning" portion of her certification online and asked, how does she get the pool skills training and OW dives to get certified?

I could not answer that question. I would point her to my DI who trained me, but they are no longer in business or doing lessons. There are no active DI's in Beaumont, TX that I can find.

How would one get the pool skills training then arrange to go to Cozumel or similar and get the OW portion of the training? :confused:

When you sign up for the eLearning online, at least with PADI, you also sign up with a shop with which to do the rest of the course. If you choose to do the eLearning online, choose the shop for the rest of the course before you sign up.

Most dive certification agencies with e-learning programs require you to contact one of their instructors to get started. In your area, my agency, NAUI lists 6 active Instructors. Two of them have NAUI Homepages with direct contact information. Any of these folks can get the prospective diver started on e-learning and pool instruction and can provide a referral to complete the OW portion elsewhere. I recommend you go to NAUI Worldwide for more information.

LevelTypeAddressNAUI Homepage
l

Rodger Christopher

Instructor Texas USA 77706
Visit My Homepage

Sharon Lumpkin
Instructor Texas USA 77707
William Childers Course Director Instructor Texas USA 77651
Matthew Davis
Instructor Texas USA 77657
Visit My Homepage
ANNE ACORD
Instructor Texas USA 77619
Allen Acord
Instructor Texas USA 77619

Most of the other agencies provide similar services.

-Alan Hicks, NAUI Divemaster #52432

Check and make sure your chosen dive center will honor the online class. Mine honored the work but still charged me the same amount as they would have had I sat in a classroom with them. The actually wanted to charge me more for doing the hands on nitrox testing only than they charged for the entire class......wanted to, I found an instructor to do it at a fair price.

There are plenty of shops along the coast, including on Padre Island, Houston and elsewhere. I am sure you can find an appropriate facility for her to learn properly.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom