DVDs Dive Dry with Dr. Bill at a reduced price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well, according to the "pundits," the economic recession was over back in June. Now if you really believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. No, not the Brooklyn Bridge, but the infamous Banning Brothers Walking Bridge between Catalina Island and Wilmington on the mainland. Since neither of us believe the pundits (or the story about the bridge), I'm going to make you an offer you (hopefully) won't refuse. Read on.

My Sony HC-7 HDV camcorder failed a few months back, and I'm getting ready to "dive" in the submersible Antipodes owned by OceanGate and piloted by Scott Cassell, the mind behind "Expedition Catalina" and the "Undersea Voyager Project." We will be descending to as deep as 900 ft around the island to record the interesting critters, shipwrecks, whale skeletons and whatever else we might find in these depths below any I've dived off the island.

Since I can't very well do this without a functioning HD camcorder, I'm making the following offer so I can purchase a Sony CX550V to take with me:

ANY of my $25 DVDs can be purchased by ScubaBoard members for 20% off. Yes, that's right... a paltry $20 to "Dive Dry with Dr. Bill."

And, if you want to reduce the plastic packaging and just buy the DVD itself in a paper envelope, I'm making the incredible offer of each normally $25 DVD for a mere $15 per title. You get all the same content without the packaging for those who think green (and I'm not talking about plankton blooms).

You may order as many as you'd like in either format (the nicely packaged ones seen on my web site) or the plastic saving version. Details on each video can be found on my website by clicking on the links to individual titles from my DVD web page. I accept Paypal (bushing@post.harvard.edu is my account), personal checks, gold, etc. Please include handling and shipping ($2.50 per packaged DVD and $1.75 per DVD without packaging). If you are having them sent to a California address, be sure to include state sales tax of 10.25% ($2.05 for each DVD in the plastic case and $1.54 each for those in paper envelopes). For orders involving multiple DVDs, please contact me for reduced shipping.

Note: this is not part of either the Bush or Obama stimulus programs. In this one you don't get screwed... you get something in return for your hard-earned dollars. Of course if you just want to send donations, I accept them too (but they are not tax deductible unless you know something the IRS doesn't).

Second note: I will be producing a DVD from the footage taken on this expedition and will announce that at a future date when it is ready. Maybe we'll see giant squid, the Spanish galleon reported to be off Ship Rock by Jacques-Yves Cousteau, or sea monsters none of us even imagine!

Wow... not a single sale. The economy is much, much worse than I thought. I know people like my videos as I've received many compliments on them from purchasers and folks who see them at my dive club talks and in film festivals.

Despite revenue generation of $0.00, I bit the bullet and bought the 550V which arrived yesterday. I have been so focused on editing my video footage from last week that I have not even opened the box yet. Will try it out later today.

Have had a few orders trickle in recently. Thanks! Hope the purchasers will post after they view them so others have a better sense of what my videos/DVDs are like.

If I could have 8-9 more days of orders like the other day, the camera will be paid for.

Maybe you are all waiting for the DVD I will make from the footage I collect on these deep dives?

Maybe they're waiting for my reviews? :wink: I promise I'll post 'em once I view them. Looking forward to it!

Will welcome your comments, LeeAnne. And don't hesitate to mention things you would like to see changed. As a scientist first, I'm quite used to peer review and want to make my products as good as possible (within the limits of my "creative" freedom).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom