Dutchsprings April 28 in wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No doubt, BD. I find my biggest problem is my hands. After 30 or 40 minutes, they are useless. Fortunately, they have added a new bathhouse with hot showers, so you have a warm place to change. As Sangria said, bring a good coat and hat, you should warm up pretty quickly. Plus, most of us have hot beverages on the burner and emergency warmer uppers if needed....

I am pretty well insulated. My dry suit won't be in until the end of this month, so I'll still be diving the brisk elements....:D

Myself and my brother in law will be diving dutch on Sunday April 22nd.
The temp at the bottom is mid forties all year long so I'm thinking there will be no thermoclines. We both have new 7mm farmer johns so I think we will be alright.
I'm going to bring hot water in gallon jugs inside a cooler to pre-warm the wet suit.
can't wait to get wet again!

Craig66:
Dutch charts list temps at around 50 degrees at that time of the year. I will be doing a dive at Duth the weekend before but I will be doing dry. I think its very brave of you to try in a wetsuit.

On April 4th it was 45 degrees down to 25 feet..

I will also be diving dutch on sunday the 22nd, dry of course, although my buddy will be out of town. Anyone out there looking to pair up for maybe 2 dives at around 10am? Im with Blue water divers....but most of them I've talked to thinks its still too cold:D

I'll be up at DS to help with certifications that weekend. Having dove there this time last year, if I had a Drysuit, I'd wear it.

I don't so I'll do it in a 7mil F/J with Heavy gloves, boots and a hood. I'll get chilly, no doubt, but it will be manageable.

Get in the shower to put on your wetsuit unless it's bone dry, and don't forget the hood!!

it was 41 F at 100 ft yesterday.

Off topic: Jack I looked for you....didnt see you

I think it was 41f no matter what depth you were at. No thermocline.

Thaks for all respondes.
I still going to do this. I'll be with my son, he has 7/5mm jumpsuit and 7mm Bare hooded sleeveless jacket. I have 7mm bare jumpsuit and 3/5mm hooded vest.
Personally I'm rather tolerant to cold, In summer I felt good in just 7mm at 70ft at Dutch. Yes, it was cold but standable at least within 20 minutes or so.
Forecast looks not bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom