Dutch Springs Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any water temp reports for Dutch from today, Saturday April 9th, 2011? Trying to plan what thermals for tomorrow.

I am guessing vis wise it is the usual good vis.

I am assuming it is still a little cold to see a lot of students.

Reports from last week were low 40s top to bottom. I'll be there tomorrow too. Good luck.

As of Last sun, I had a water Temp of 42F @ 30'. I am guessin Viz to me was only about 15' it was rather crappy, lot of particulates. Last year this time Viz to me was really good you could easily see across the platforms as of sunday you could just get to the end 1.

Last edited:
Any new water temps? Trying to plan for my weekend there May 14 & 15?

Expect mid-40's and there's still a lot of pollen in the water that makes the viz a little iffy. Stop by and say hello, we'll be there that weekend also!

Expect mid-40's and there's still a lot of pollen in the water that makes the viz a little iffy. Stop by and say hello, we'll be there that weekend also!

I will! Thanks for the update. I will be the female with purple lips. I will be there with Bob Sherwood for a class.
And here I thought since that I have been so good, the weather and water temp gods would be looking out for me. They have failed me again. I thought I have made it through the worst, again, I was wrong. :idk: One hold out I still have is that the sun will be shining and hope like hell for warm weather. However, I know better than that since I was born and raised in OH. :shakehead:

Well great, he puts together a nice program, and I am sure you'll benefit from it.

Look for the big Indian Valley Scuba trailer and tent on the student side, and use your nose to follow the smell of good hot food cooking!

See you this weekend!

Dave

Well great, he puts together a nice program, and I am sure you'll benefit from it.

Look for the big Indian Valley Scuba trailer and tent on the student side, and use your nose to follow the smell of good hot food cooking!

See you this weekend!

Dave

Dave:

Water temps in the mid 40's for the upper 20' range??? Really??? Just thinking here. Will you be there next weekend?? This is for the 14th and 15th.

Desi

Yes the pond is slowly warming, from the top down of course. The good news is the air is warm and the sun refreshing, so you can recharge between dips!

We will be there next weekend also, on the peninsula side, as we are demo-ing Whites drysuits both days. Now there's an idea, eh? Dive dry, where it's always 98.6 degrees against your skin!!

Come on out and play, same directions - big IVS trailer, tent, grill, good food, lots of laughter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom