Dutch Springs on Sat. May 8th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
Me and Frank finally found the hole, then we found out my natural navigation is much worse than I though. Time to start practicing with that compass! Also went by the tanker for the first time.

From the tanker, I like to go south into the road, and swim east (left) along the road... a lot of telephone poles still standing... it looks realy cool, especially now since the viz is still good.

We went down right off the dock, around the island and out to the tanker.
Then from the tanker to the Dynamite shack.
Then to the crane, to the platform and back to the dock.

Nice 50min dive.

grunzster:
We went down right off the dock, around the island and out to the tanker.
Then from the tanker to the Dynamite shack.
Then to the crane, to the platform and back to the dock.

Nice 50min dive.

not bad!! all on AL80?

No, I did the first dive on my 80.
For that dive I used on of Frank's 119s.
Too lazy to get a fill, plus we were in a hurry.

Hey Grunster, was just wondering how deep the hole was ? Is the water level up this year? Finding it a little hard to leave Fla just yet, but hope to get up there and get some dives in with you guys again. Sounds like everyone is getting ready to do a lot of different diving this year. Awesome !!

I got a reading of only 102, but didn't really hug the bottom.
Frank got 107, but he's a little taller than me, and that's after shoving his arm into the bottom!!!

107'? Wow. I have buried myself in the flotsam on the bottom, (and only sort of on purpose) and have only made it to about 70' at DS. You people have talent! :D

Where in the quarry is this hole that you speak of?

dutchfin:
Hey Grunster, was just wondering how deep the hole was ? Is the water level up this year? Finding it a little hard to leave Fla just yet, but hope to get up there and get some dives in with you guys again. Sounds like everyone is getting ready to do a lot of different diving this year. Awesome !!

hey, look who's back on a radar screens!

your observation about different types of diving is right on the dot. So, when can we expect you back? it's warming up here.

-VT

Probably not until the end of the month Vadim. Going to Ocean Fest this week-end in Ft. Lauderdale. Seeing as how I missed BTS this year, I figure this is the next best thing. With all the shore diving and wrecks down here, it's hard to phyche myself up to come up and dive the hole and feel that 3rd thermocline !! LOL. In due time...

dutchfin:
Hey Dutchfin,
Are you ever coming back?? You're leaving everyone hanging. If you want a job, I need to know by the end of the week!!

Back
Top Bottom