Dutch Springs on Sat. May 8th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So....Just to tally:
Me
Sylvester
Aujax
VTernovski
jonnythan
divinglife +2

Anyone see the weather? 30% chance of rain (T storms). But I'm still game...

well, VTernovski just called and let me know he can't make it to brooklyn to give me a lift. Anyone else from the brooklyn area interested in getting their gas paid for in exchange for giving me a lift to Dutch Springs??? eh?

Lets meet at the gate, I will have 2-3 with me who do not have season passes, If your already in the gate head to the pennsala top of the hill under the trees closest to the beach. I will be driving a Brown Jeep Cherokee with Missouri plates

Had a couple of good dives at DS today, Classaction, Dive3h, and a couple of others meet there and enjoyed a few dives together, meet a few other wreckers on site VT, Izzy, Sean I hope all of your dives went well the weather seemed to be trying to clear and get better as I was departing DS.

Sorry for the mis information in my previous post. I must have not had my glasses on when i read the temp. So a correction is in order. It was 47deg last Sunday.
But now is time to hit the ocean. Did Iberia off Jones Inlet this morning. Had unbeliveably (poor) vis. About 10 ft at most. And the water temp was mere 41deg.
If anyone wants to join us in the Big Pond let me know. Usually dive off Sea Hawk out of Freeport. We (actually the capt) tries to do wrecks in the 100 to 130 ft range. Where we go depends on what the weather looks like when we get out the inlet.

Good today today! Even though it was a little on the cold side. It was nice meeting all of you... See you soon (possibly next weekend?).

Rich: If you get a chance, would you mind pm-ing me the stats for our dives (temp, depth, duration). Thanks!

REally nice day at Dutch!! It was nice to put some faces on a couple of you!! Sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of the folks there. Hope everything went well for all. I'm gonna be there pretty much every saturday to work out my suit... I still have very little mobility (breaking it in slowly). Let my season begin....

divinglife:
REally nice day at Dutch!! It was nice to put some faces on a couple of you!! Sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of the folks there. Hope everything went well for all. I'm gonna be there pretty much every saturday to work out my suit... I still have very little mobility (breaking it in slowly). Let my season begin....

hey Sofia! it was nice meeting you, thank you for approaching me. I also plan to be at Dutch every Saturday (except the next one), still working on my basic skills after the Fundamentals class.. we spent two 50-minute dives on a platform just working on perfecting buoyancy skills, trim, basic emergency procedures, various kicks, shooting a lift bag, etc... still a lot to work on. need more practice... so I'll see you there again! (I love my season pass)

you may also wish to checkout www.wreckvalley.com board for private discussions only available to wreckvalley members.

Yeah it was very nice meeting some new members, even though I didn't get dive with you.

I was really disorganized, since it was a last minute thing, since our boat got cancelled. I even had to borrow a yoke adaptor from Frank, since I converted my regs to DIN for the boat, but wound up just diving my 80.

Me and Frank finally found the hole, then we found out my natural navigation is much worse than I though. Time to start practicing with that compass! Also went by the tanker for the first time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom