Dutch Springs....number of dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

osd9

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm heading to DS this weekend for the first time. I'm hoping to get in (at least) three dives. It's about a 2 1/4 hr drive each way and I'm hoping to get there by 8:30AM +/-. I will be taking four tanks, two HP 100's with EAN 28 and an AL80 and LP108 with air for the last dive. I've gone thru the tables and if I'm in the water by 9:30AM I should be able to get in two 50 minute nitrox dives to 60-70 FFW before a 1PM lunch. If I do a long surface time (2 3/4hrs) and get back in at ~3:30PM, I should be able to get in a good last dive on air.

What do most others plan for their day at DS?

thanks,

On a nice long weekend, I get in 4 dives a day; 5 if it's Saturday and I can do the night dive. It's a nice place to set up a tent, some chairs, a grill ... whatever strikes you ... and alternate diving and hanging out.

It was cold up there last weekend. Daytime was OK, but it got chilly in the evening/early morning. Water temp was approx 60 deg F, even at depth. Also, they had '09 annual passes on sale for $175. Great deal!

Have fun!! Any idea what you are going to dive on? The pump house is one of my favorites.

I have no idea what we are planning to 'dive on' at Dutch. My local Jersey Shore Dive Shop is 'sort a kinda' getting about 12 divers to meet there Saturday morning. This will be my first trip ever to Dutch.

On a nice long weekend, I get in 4 dives a day; 5 if it's Saturday and I can do the night dive. It's a nice place to set up a tent, some chairs, a grill ... whatever strikes you ... and alternate diving and hanging out.

It was cold up there last weekend. Daytime was OK, but it got chilly in the evening/early morning. Water temp was approx 60 deg F, even at depth. Also, they had '09 annual passes on sale for $175. Great deal!

Have fun!! Any idea what you are going to dive on? The pump house is one of my favorites.

You must be high!!! I got 51 degrees on that last dive we did - that was max depth of 44'. And remember I flooded my drysuit so I know it was cold!

I also read 44 degrees for 55' dive that same weekend.

The pump house is my favorite part of DS too.

This past weekend I did 2 nice dives at Dutch. Surface temp was around 60, at 85ft the temp dropped to about 50. take warm clothes for between dives especially if you are diving wet. I was diving dry and still got chilled on the surface interval.

Have fun

Scott

Thanks for the replies. I am diving wet. I have a 5mil full and 2 mil shortie that I put over the 5mil. I dive like this on wrecks in the upper 40's and lower 50's 'usually' without a problem.

I'll see how I feel after the long surface/lunch interval.

You must be high!!! I got 51 degrees on that last dive we did - that was max depth of 44'. And remember I flooded my drysuit so I know it was cold!

I also read 44 degrees for 55' dive that same weekend.

Further proof that dive computer temp gauges are notoriously unreliable. I think that five of us got 5 different temperatures at one point. :D

Was just going to post to see what the water temp has been up there. My BF wants to go up tomorrow, but I'm not thrilled at the prospect of diving wet when both the water and the air are cold and it is supposed to rain. If I had a drysuit I wouldn't mind.

If I tried to get my 3mm shorty (or maybe even 3mm full) under my 7mm full how much weight should I expect to add? Here's to trying to be a nice girlfriend :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom