Dutch Springs - gear lockers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRR@PA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
At dutch do they have gear lockers near the water? I suspect people leave their gear bags on the shore. My girl thinks they have lockers like a water park.
I don't have a problem with leaving bags on the shore but......you never know

Nope, There are NO lockers at Dutch. Thefts of gear are rare but they have happend. Kind of a sacred unwritten rule, Don't touch my stuff!:gun::D

I don't think they have lockers. During the week it's a non issue but the weekend might be another story. I keep anything I'm not diving with in the car. Maybe a gear bag and towel to save a spot. You could always get a large plastic tub and lock it up when not around.

Its perfectly safe on the weekend as well. I've been diving there for years and never had or known anyone thats had a single thing come up missing......that wasnt lost at some point on a dive that is.

You do have to be careful if there's large groups of students around. I'm not saying they would take anything maliciously, but they are usually renting and never really know which gear is 'theirs'.

Some folks who camp are even confident enough to leave their gear down by the water when the go back to their camp site. That being said, I would still make sure you gear is where you know it is, and don't leave anything valuable and easily taken (computer/wallet/phone) laying around.

You do have to be careful if there's large groups of students around. I'm not saying they would take anything maliciously, but they are usually renting and never really know which gear is 'theirs'.

Some folks who camp are even confident enough to leave their gear down by the water when the go back to their camp site. That being said, I would still make sure you gear is where you know it is, and don't leave anything valuable and easily taken (computer/wallet/phone) laying around.

I've left my gear overnight on the picnic tables and driven all the way home and back the next day with no problems.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but my buddy had his regulator set "removed" from our table on the peninsula side a few weeks ago. No one has "returned" it yet. A few bad apples in every bunch I suppose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom