Dutch Springs Dynamite Shack AGAIN!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There actually is an unofficial map that was made several years ago by an independent diver, showing many items that aren't on the official DS map. I remember an instructor showing me this map/slate during my AOW class. Apparently a local diver took it upon himself to have these maps printed up and was later sued by Dutch Springs. DS was then inspired to put out their own map (the one you find in the DS gift shop now), but it is far less accurate and doesn't show the location of any of the non-buoyed attractions. If I get a copy of the map, I'll pass it along.

J.

TTSkipper:
Go down to the Crane which is on the Penninsula side. Follow the crane to the end which is near the Island, take a heading of 170 deg from the Island and start swimming. You will go over what I believe was a road bed which dropps down about 15-20 feet from the bottom you will be following, when the road bed rises up again you should be near the Dynamite Shack. There are a few telephone poles there as well as the bunker.

I like the idea of trying to list directions to all of the items not on the Dutch map.

VT if you see this, did you ever find any of those unmarked cars and get any headings people could use?

TTSkipper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom