Dutch Springs compass bearings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetFatCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I'd like to train compass navigation and be independent of rope lines. Does anybody know any object to object compass bearings for Dutch? Hope it's not a secret to say :)

Thanks,
Dmitriy.

I am not sure of the numbers and have no idea why it would be a secret....compass away!

Sometimes I have divers doing their advanced course, get bearings from shore by lining up buoys. They write them on a slate, Then we go dive it!!

Thanks.
I'd like to get to helicopter from the plane or to track from the tanker. Of course I may surface, get bearing an dive again but if anybody knows bearing it could help to make this easier.
I gonna make a table with object to object directions.

WetFatCat:
Thanks.
I'd like to get to helicopter from the plane or to track from the tanker. Of course I may surface, get bearing an dive again but if anybody knows bearing it could help to make this easier. I gonna make a table with object to object directions.

Don't forget that contour intervals/depth can be part of the navigation puzzle. So if for whatever reason you lose a little faith in either your bearing or your attempt to follow it, before giving up and surfacing, think about what's happening with the depth first if you're low enough to the bottom to be aware of changes.

I need some practice with this stuff too, and to check some equipment I've not had a chance to try out yet. If you want some company to practice some of this stuff, let me know. I can go Sat/Sun this weekend if you want. I'd just need to know by Thurs. so I can get a tank.

Scott

would be to get practice and shoot your own headings.
But too at least get you started..........
On the peninsula side far right platform shoot a 180* heading that will take you over a wooden boat (if your true you should be a little to the left of it) continue your 180* out to the trolley..........take a 90* heading back to the crane......follow the Island wall around with the wall on your right shoulder and start ascending gradually to about 30 something feet........follow around till you see the line going upward to the plane.............from the plane take a 315* heading back to the "L" shaped platform to get out of the water....................This is our advanced class compass navigation course and should take about 22 to 27 minutes based on how many cycles you make a minute. Good Luck and have fun!
When ya get tired of the quarry come on out and dive the great Atlantic ocean!
Home to such wonderful items as Lobsters, Scallops, Flounders and just about anything else your heart may desire. The Stingray is "New Diver" friendly and is all ways willing to get somebody going in Jersey wreck diving.
And I hear the mate on the Stingray is all that too!
Dive Long, Dive Often!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot.............the how to shoot your own heading stuff.
From any entry point look threw/over your lubber line on your compass and get your heading by spotting the orange ball you plan to dive to........when you get there......making sure to "very" slowly surface at the buoy and take your next heading. This is not a fast project you shouldn't do this many times in one day as its not safe to play "YO-YO"....but if you record your headings ........you'll have the whole quarry mapped in no time......good luck and have fun

Jwood:
This is our advanced class compass navigation course and should take about 22 to 27 minutes based on how many cycles you make a minute. Good Luck and have fun!

Hummmm......sounds like fun. I'll have to practice some of those nav runs. Another you can try is getting lined up directly in front of the school bus (you have to be in line with it) and set a reciprocol heading (don't recall the heading). You should hit the tail of the helicopter.

I keep hearing about that mate on the Stingray. I keep hearing he is all that and a bag of chips!

Back
Top Bottom