Dutch Springs 8/14 & 8/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JGB

Reaction score
I'm considering a trip to DS on 8/14 and 8/15 (may do some of my AOW)

I have a question about camping there. Rather than staying at a hotel I can take my father's mobile trailer (38') out to PA for the weekend.

Where do they allow you to park campers there? How close are they to the quary? I don't want to schlep all my gear a 1/4 mile to the dive site.

Do many other people camp there?

If I don't use the camper, what hotels do you recommend?

Thanks,

JB

I have taken my 36 foot trailer there several times. The best time is to show up on Friday night and set up. The only practical place to park an RV of this size is to park in the Pennisular parking lot (near the pavillion). Park in the back next to a curb.

There are no facilities so you will need a full battery charge (or generator), not water hook up and no sewer. I do have a jury rigged set up to connect my water hose to the main rest room tap to fill my fresh water tank.

Coming in on a Saturday could leave you without a place to park the rig. Dutch has been extremely busy.

Camping fee is the same with a tent or trailer.

Camping there is an art form. Many do camp. The camping is very close to the water on the pennisular side. If you are staying with a group, then if you are arriving on Friday evening, go down to the Staging area and claim a table for your group. A shelter or sign will do at the table. It is all first come first serve.

There is a Holiday Inn on RT 22 exit to Dutch. Several other motels near buy. Plenty of nice places to eat too.

JGB:
I'm considering a trip to DS on 8/14 and 8/15 (may do some of my AOW)

I have a question about camping there. Rather than staying at a hotel I can take my father's mobile trailer (38') out to PA for the weekend.

Where do they allow you to park campers there? How close are they to the quary? I don't want to schlep all my gear a 1/4 mile to the dive site.

Do many other people camp there?

If I don't use the camper, what hotels do you recommend?

Thanks,

JB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom