Dutch Springs 22 February 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea Bill. I'm in.
I wonder what the buoyancy of my broom is?

And good call on the flag.
I saw the pics, it's a disgrace.
I would have taken it down last
time we were there, had i seen it.

G- The clean up is scrubbing the algae off the platforms.

Billb, I believe I'll end up getting the Dutch season pass, but just out of curiousity, is this weekend (for those cleaning) a free entry into Dutch?

I'd like to be there both days if time permits so I'll bring a broom too. It may be hard to whistle while we work though.

Someone PLEASE bring underwater camera's. This will be great!

Dawg Paddle,

There are no free lunches at Dutch Springs. A season pass will get you in. Stu may be a lot of things but he is not stupid. He knows that divers like us will PAY to dive no matter what efforts we do to assist the dive community and Dutch Springs. But for real, the liabilities and cash it takes to keep this place going has to be tremendous, so we all pay (unless you are an instructor).

Free yeah right! HAHAHA!!! Nothing is free.
Seriously though they could offer those cleaning a discount on season passes?
Not like I won't be there anyway, though!

BILLB:
Dawg Paddle,

There are no free lunches at Dutch Springs. A season pass will get you in. Stu may be a lot of things but he is not stupid. He knows that divers like us will PAY to dive no matter what efforts we do to assist the dive community and Dutch Springs. But for real, the liabilities and cash it takes to keep this place going has to be tremendous, so we all pay (unless you are an instructor).

That's understandable.
I bet most people that show are either an instructor or have a season pass.

You might want to mention to him that if he does the same winter schedule next year
he might want to add in alternate snow/rainout weekends.
You know, two out of three winter weekends so far were cancelled due to weather. :(

Bill- Do the zebra's come off easily or should I clip off my 3 inch putty knife?

The season pass is not a big deal especially if you get it early during the discount period. I got my '04 pass last November for $120.00 and I've l already used it for 6 or 7 days. after only 6 dives it pays for itself. I checked my log for '03, last year I dove dutch 35 days for fun, classes etc. at that rate it cost me less than $3.50 a day. Most days I dove 3 or 4 times so we are talking around $1.00 a dive to use Dutch.

It couldn't get much cheaper......

Considering that when I dive I probably have about $3,500.00 worth of stuff strapped on me the use of Dutch at less than $1.00 a dive is about the cheapest component of the sport.

A couple of ankle weights slid down the handle of a good stiff pushbroom is all you will need. It's actually a fairly easy and quickjob. Looks like I'm going to miss out on it this year though..........Have fun guys!!

XJae:
That's understandable.

he might want to add in alternate snow/rainout weekends.
You know, two out of three winter weekends so far were cancelled due to weather. :(

not ****. my whole DIR-F class went down the drain on that December weekend.

Back
Top Bottom