Dust Cap got knocked off my air2 while washing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

woodson0297

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok... I just bought this equipment and literally used it 2x. I just got back from dive yesterday and was washing gear in a small bathtub. Somehow my dust cap on my air2 (scubapro bc) got knocked off. I didn't realize it until a few minutes later when I was pulling it out of the tub. Am I in serious trouble here? What should I do.

What do you mean by "dust cap"?

T640_air2.jpg

The little black thingy there directly to the left of the inflator button (the smaller of the two gray buttons) is the dust cap.

The inflator/octo is not attached to your first stage so nothing bad is going to happen as far as getting water in your first stage. Just let it set out and dry for a day or two.

I have an Atomic SS-1 that I used to do that to after each dive with a water hose on purpose. I'd put the hose into the mouthpiece on low flow and push all the buttons and flush it out real good.

I concur with ZZZKing. In fact until you mentioned it I hadn't thought about trying to keep water out of that fitting. I've been diving with my Air 2 for 2 years without any problems, had it serviced this spring and my Reg Tec will really let you have a lashing if your gear isn't well cared for and not a word from him. I also flood my BC with water via my Air2 and have not had any trouble either.

air goes in it only when the valve is open and under pressue so simply put it back on to store your rig.............its a dust cap

Go have fun

Even I don't use a dust cap on my Air2s (four Air2s).

Believe me.... A simple wash after each dive is more important than any other things....

Hook it up to your regs, and blow it out a couple times next time if it makes you feel better. That will get rid of 99% of the water.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom