Dump valve gasket adhesive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The issue of separation later for maintenance is why I went with plain old kid's rubber cement... It makes it more like an uber post it note, stays stuck but easy enough to peel off later.

Respectfully,

James

James...

The problem with adhesives...is that they may easily come off the the soft disc...but the hard plastic valve backing...not so much...and re-applying may result in lumpy buildup causing the mating surfaces to not align properly...resulting in the valve leaking...''kids'' clear rubber cement is very lumpy...

As well...some chemical adhesive solvents may not be so friendly to the hard plastic...

W...

That's the issue with what H used at the factory. It mostly came off, but not completely.

Like I said, there's a recall already in place for the spring. Worst case scenario I just buy a new assembly for a few bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom