Dumaguete and Cabilao or just Dumaguete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viva1

Registered
Reaction score
We're planning a trip for May, 2013 to Palau (nine nights at Carolines) and PI. We have 7 nights in PI (plus 1 night at Manila airport at beginning and end of PI part of trip) and need some advice re: should we spend all 7 nights at Atlantis in Dumaguete or 5 nights at Atlantis and 2 nights (1 1/2 days diving) in Cabilao? Transfers from Dumaguete take some time and I don't know if the diving in Cabilao is significantly different (fantastic) enough to take the effort to go there for just 1 1/2 days of diving. (We thought about staying at Oasis at Alona Beach for the 2 nights but heard it is very crowded and noisy)

Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated.

We're planning a trip for May, 2013 to Palau (nine nights at Carolines) and PI. We have 7 nights in PI (plus 1 night at Manila airport at beginning and end of PI part of trip) and need some advice re: should we spend all 7 nights at Atlantis in Dumaguete or 5 nights at Atlantis and 2 nights (1 1/2 days diving) in Cabilao? Transfers from Dumaguete take some time and I don't know if the diving in Cabilao is significantly different (fantastic) enough to take the effort to go there for just 1 1/2 days of diving. (We thought about staying at Oasis at Alona Beach for the 2 nights but heard it is very crowded and noisy)

Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated.

I've only been to Cabilao once but I would recommend Alona Beach instead. Still for only 1.5 days too much traveling for such a short period of time..

I'd just stick with Dumaguete- there is also some diving to be had on the other side of Negros if you get bored- but me, I enjoy diving the same sites a few different times and.... I'm a lazy traveler.

I'd stay at Dumaguete. Only did a couple of dives at Cabilao and didn't think it was anything special, plus just too little time. I do think you can take a ferry Dumaguete-Tagbilaran though as I think I've done that in reverse before

Cabilao is really nice little Island, I had a couple of very nice dives there, but with your proposed itenerary Cabilao may not be the best choice.

I would consider the following: A. A couple of nights on APO Island(though you will probably dive it from Dauin/Dumaguette). B. Alona, you can find a different hotel which is off the beach and not so crazy... C. Maybe head to Siquijor for a couple of quite nights and some reasonable diving(it has been a couple of years since I was there)..

CHeers,
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom