DUI TLS 350 VS. Diverite 905

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobstability

Registered
Reaction score
What does everyone have to say about these two suits.....what did you like about them or not like about them......which one would you recommend? Thank you for your time.

anyone?

I'm not that familiar with the Dive Rite 905, except to say that I know they are relatively cheap.

I've had my TLS 350 for about a year -- things I like:

- Tri-lam flexibility -- no motion constraint
- Light weight/quick drying
- Well made/relatively durable (althoug tri-lam is not overly abrasion resistent)
- Suspenders
- Rock boots -- very useful if shore diving on rocky coastline

Overall I've been happy -- make sure you shop around on price if looking at DUIs. If you pay MSRP, you've paid WAY too much.

I dive a TSL350 Signature Series and would not trade it for anything. I have great flexibility in it, it keeps me very dry, it dries faster than my husbands flex 50/50. Mine is dry within hours, his takes days. I like the rock boots as the shores here are quite rocky and turbo soles that I had tried with another suit felt every rock. I did add knee pads and pockets to mine, and I understand that DUI now has a suit that for $200 more you can pick your color, type of boot, and add pockets. My daughter dives the TLS350SE with the back entry. She likes not having to deal with the suspenders.

There seem to be more individuals diving the 905 over at www.thedecostop.com. I would also ask your question there. I think the 905, from what I've read, is also a very high quality suit. I personally am diving a Gates Drysuit and it works wonders and didn't cost near as much as a DUI. Also keep in mind that if you go to a DUI demo day, you can prolly pick up a demo suit for a huge discounted price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom