DUI San Diego or Hollis DX300?

• DUI San Diego

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hollis DX300

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverTang

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello group. Firstly, want to say hello as I am a new diver (OW, drysuit and nitrox certified in Sept 2016) and new to this group. I have all my own gear except for a drysuit which I have been renting since my certification.
I am in the market for my own drysuit and am considering a number of options but the DUI San Diego (originally OMS which was purchased by DUI) and the Hollis DX300 are in the forefront. Now I know I'm a brand new diver and not a Tech diver but I have zoned in on these two suits for the following reasons:
  • Front entry
  • Replaceable silicone or latex seals
  • Telescoping torso
  • Durability
  • Thigh pockets
I'm not sure what to think about DUI's ZipGloves (always on the suit and the cost of the replacement ZipSeals). Also, the San Diego comes with dipped neoprene boots while the DX300 comes with socks (more choice over the boots I want).

I am looking for opinions on which suit go to with. Thanks all.

USIA Techniflex will be better than the other two. Call @Dive Right In Scuba and they'll get you sorted out.

Front Entry-this usually comes with a telescoping torso as it's basically impossible to get into without it
@replaceable seals-zip seals are obviously DUI exclusive, but you can get rings fitted to any suit. This is not a huge deal for most people, but if you are diving in the great white north, having dry gloves is going to be nice. Rings are substantially less expensive to replace than zip seals.

durability-the Techniflex will be more durable than the others

Thigh pockets- like rings for the seals, these are easily fitted to any drysuit

you should be able to get any suit fitted with socks as standard

Back
Top Bottom