DUI exhaust valve leaking or ....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI swapped all of ours for free but I agree, they should not be selling any suits with the low profile Apeks valve.

FWIW- DUI will also install the Si-Tech valves forno extra charge- but you DO have to ask for them specifically. I agree- the low profile Apeks are POS.

I must be one of the lucky ones, I have never had one day of trouble with my valves in three years.

The only way you are going to know if it leaks or not is to get in the water. Good Luck.

Me neither... I dont know what all the fuss is about... We had 15 suits on rental, and I sold about a dozen or so suits when I worked at an LDS, and none of them had this issue either. I wish I had first hand experience with this issue, but I have yet to...

I think it must be a bad batch of valves. My new Sitech valve hasn't leaked yet under the same circumstances where the Apeks leaked every time.

My Diving Concepts suit STILL has this problem - after the valve was replaced with the new style. Since the LDS owner who sold the suit to me is thoroughly POed that I emailed DC about another issue with the suit, it seems customer service is out the window...

bertschb:
I think it must be a bad batch of valves. My new Sitech valve hasn't leaked yet under the same circumstances where the Apeks leaked every time.

Try contacting DUI directly if you haven't done so. I am sure they don't want you unhappy with your suit. Maybe they will replace the valve.

And they suggested the high profile valve at no cost to me. Apparently it has to do with how you manage your air. I like little or no air in suit while shallow and this relative low pressure can allow water intrusion. Glad to hear from above posts that the proposed solution worked.

What an eye opener...
I have an old suit with the high profile vallve. No problems, but I was eventually thinking of switching to the low profile just for the streamlining.
Thanks to all for that heads up.

To the original poster, if you were trying to manually vent you valve at depth, if all the air was out of your suit already, pushing that button can let water in.

JAG

I have had my DUI TLS350 for a few months now and it hasn't leaked at all. From what I have read in other posts, not only can air management and depth effect valve leakage but so can the undergarment and the way the suit fits you. If your undergarment is too bulky it can plug the valve in some stange way. If your suit is too big, this might also cause the valve to hang up from the inside. My wife's valve gets wrapped up in extra material at depth because she lost weight and now the arms are a bit big on her stock size suit. This leads to problems exausting air and that leads to fussing with the valve and that leads to leakage! If you keep playing with your valve you will go blind! I have personally found the valve to work but many people with more knowledge about these things have been complaining. Go figure. Good luck all.

Back
Top Bottom