DUI Dog Demo Days @ Bluewater Mar 31-Apr1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I read the info on the link given above. I had not seen that page it still did not say anything about providing the LP hose. If anyone knows can you post the answer here or in my thread related to this thanks.

I could be wrong but when I attended the dog days at Dutch Springs in Pa they were attaching the LP hose. So they supplied them. Also I saw some of the divers trying the dry suits with the LP hose. That was 4 years ago, things could have changed.

utdivermatt:
Its the DUI site, they sell pre-event tickets or something like that. I think it was $8 a day. Just wondering what it includes. I will find the link sometime

Matt, I think it includes use of their demo gear, hot dogs and grill out stuff they provide.

You still have to pay the quarry admission fee, but DUI provides a $5 dollar or something coupon off the price of admission with your $8 paid DUI Dog Day fee. $8 bucks for burger, hotdog, coke, etc and using a drysuit is prety fair, especially since you get $5 back on admission fee. So in reality it's only about $3 extra.

utdivermatt:
Its the DUI site, they sell pre-event tickets or something like that. I think it was $8 a day. Just wondering what it includes. I will find the link sometime

Duh....Matt the link is right above you in the very first post on this thread :shakehead AND it gives ALL the information about what the admission fee is for, discounts, etc.....what college did you say you go to again? and how did you get IN college? a rich relative perhaps.....:D

I would love to do this!! It would be a unique opportunity to try a drysuit and get a feel for how they work without having to buy one to find out. The only problem is I am already going to be out of town the weekend before for our weekend dive n dine and I don't know if I can afford another weekend trip the very next weekend, $ wise or time wise. Even though I wouldn't buy one this late in the year (the water will be alot warmer soon), I might could work it into the budget before the next cold diving season starts so then I will be ready to go!!

DUI provides just about everything you will need, hoses, drysuits, undergarments, hoods, boots, fins, you can even dive one of their bc's. If you aren't drysuit certified you will dive with an instructor.

It is a worthwhile event if you are curious about diving dry, which I did in the gulf yesterday.

denisegg:
Even though I wouldn't buy one this late in the year (the water will be alot warmer soon)

In freshwater the water temperature below 100' doesn't change much throughout the year. Last weekend at Bluewater the temp was 54 @ 115'. Diving dry is the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom