DUI demo day recap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What Fun!!!

My first dive in a dry suit and I was in a CLx 450. Comfortable. Easy to dive. I didn't wear gloves, so my hands were cold, but I got over that quickly and was fine.

Water surface temp was 61*F and bottom temp was 56*F.

My second dive was in a Whites catalyst that I am taking off my instuctors hands. ( He likes his DUI better ) Plenty comfortable.

I had the pleasure of sitting with Dick Long ( DUI CEO ) at lunch and just chatting about diving. Super nice and neat guy. Saturday saw 88 dive waivers signed. That doesn't include the instuctors and dive masters that acted as guides for the new dry divers. There were not enough leaders to go around. So people ended up waiting on the dock to get in the water.

The folks at CSSP did a great time. There was plenty of food for lunch and dinner. Good food to boot.

TexasMike got to play model for Dick to show off the new changes being made to the suits. New zipper design and stuff. It helped that Mike and Dick are about the same size.

I think that covered it. I did meet scuba tooth, and scuba dan ( I think from KS) Missed catch 22.

Great fun... gonna do it again next year.

TwoBit

Looks like I missed you. I was there Saturday, but had to leave about 1:30.

I did see the VW Thing, but did not see the driver.

Better luck next time. Enjoyed the dive as the vis was the best I have seen there.

This was a great weekend for me and the family. We all went diving and have never seen Vis that good before. Well worth the trip to Texas.

I never dropped below 35ft.

CSSP maxes out at the moment at 58ft. They are working on changing that at the moment though.

TwoBit

yeah it was nice meeting twobittexan at the demo, also using the drysuits was great, i think i now have my eye set on a suit (the 450 of the 200x , havent decided)

also scuba dan i dont drive the THING thats my friend, i have the dark green camery with the eagle scout sticker on the bumper

it would be nice to me more of the swampsters in the future, also the group down south i think i will make some plans for next spring/summer to come down and meet with you all

DEE ? on your rags do you do custom designs for them or is it from stock fabrics ? because i would like one done for me

just use the email in my profile

sorry for not being on the past couple of days but school is being a pain with loaded projects left and right, that i have to get done, oh well it beats a sharp stick in the eye:bonk:

Tooth

Scubatooth once bubbled...
...DEE ? on your rags do you do custom designs for them or is it from stock fabrics ? because i would like one done for me

just use the email in my profile

Tooth

Depends on what you want! :wink:

You don't have an email in your profile so check your PM's!

I was there dove dry...but ended up wet. woudl love to share PICs with all.

Scuba Dan...Family that Dives together thrives together! (I'm Jim) dont have your email address but have great PICs of kids and you guys. PM me with your email address. I will send them to you.

Two Bit TXN...
I have pic of you on the dock being checked out by the Dock Mistress
I would attach all PICS but cannot figure out how. And I call myself a Network Guy...

Mad:upset:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom