DUI CLX450 vs. CF200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to fill out DUI's measurement form and then send it to them, then ask if they have any demo suits I could fit into when they come to Texas. There really is no substitute for actually diving them. Plus it would be nice to pick their brains while I'm there.
However I just found out that the CLX450 Select only has Cordura covering on the top of the suit, the bottom is just polyster laminate. To get Cordura from top to bottom I have to go with the Special Production or Signature suits, and at that point the suit becomes pretty stiff and heavy - I may as well go with the CF200 Select at that point.
The more I learn about DUI's product the line the more confused I get about what I really need! Now I'm actually contemplating stepping down to a TLS350 with the Cordura overlay (free on Select). I currently only dive in open water where this light suit is perfectly suited... if I'm not mistaken the CF200 is only appropriate for those who penetrate wrecks or slam around mussel-studded banks often, which I don't. In a few years I would like to move into technical, overhead diving however. I believe cavers prefer trilams over the bulk of the CF200.
One problem about buying a suit that lasts 10-15 years, who knows where I'll be living/diving that far away!!! I don't even know if I'll live that long :D I wish I could afford to buy one of each.

Best of both worlds CLX 50/50 CLX450 up top and CF200 on the bottom. Of all the suits I sell, the 50/50 be it flex or CLX are the most popular. I personally dive a CF200 and have a new CLX50/50 being built right now.

Dave

BuoyantC:
Sharkster,
As for your question of the stiffness of the 450, it may well have just not been 'broken-in', but Wayne would be better to tell you that.

Dennis

All you guys on here are just as qualified as I am.. I do have some experience with the line of suits, but you all have just as good a head on your shoulders (probably better equiped really) as I.

Thanks though... :D

Sharkster,

One other suggestion if you go for the TLS series, is you can get an upgrade kit as I recall that has thigh pocket(s) and kevlar kneepads. Also if you attend the DUI Rally, there are usually coupons for things like accessories if you buy a DUI suit within a given amount of time from a participating dealer etc., etc.

Good diving,
Dennis

Coupons you say? Sounds good to me... I thought DUI's line was that CF kneepads are superior to kevlar ones, is this not true?

Another vote for checking out the DUI 50/50. CLX450 top and CF200 bottom makes for an ideal suit. The poster above is going from a CF200 to a 50/50, and I know of a diver who is moving from his CLX450 (he has dove for many years), to a 50/50.

I have the CLX450 and a TLS350. Kind would like a 50/50 due to it gives you a good combo.

Hi everyone, does anyone else have anything new to say on the comparison of these suits? I'd be interested to hear any more opinions please :)

zombie thread.jpeg

In all seriousness, CF200 == Crushed Neoprene, CLX == Cordura/Polyster trilam. Crushed neoprene is heavier and will take longer to dry. It's also incredibly durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom